Teachers are the most important in-school factor contributing to student achievement. Orion Teachers are committed to its mission.
Excellent teaching means students learn, grow, and achieve transformative life outcomes.
The elements of teaching that Orion follows:
- Physical & Social environment : Our Classrooms areenvironments and can be teaching tool. We believe that
- The relationship between teacher and students in and out of class is a most important factor in student motivation and involvement.
- Working with others often increases involvement in learning.
- Sharing one’s ideas and responding to others, group activities, discussions improves thinking and deepens understanding.
- Staff and the Knowledge : Staff and the Knowledge : What is being taught is as important as how is being taught. Teaching is an art and science. As the artists and scientists, we are responsible for building our understanding of students development.
Building a strong leadership team is essential to the success of the institute. We coach our staff to be effective leaders themselves, keeping in mind their individual goals and skill sets. (Teach and assist.)
- Use Active Learning Techniques: Students do not learn much just sitting in classes listening to teachers, memorizing pre-packaged assignments, and spitting out answers. We make sure they talk about what they are learning, write reflectively about it, relate it to past experiences, and apply it to their daily lives.
- Assessment : Our teachers assess the students progress , against classroom, district , state and national standards.
We Let students know what type of feedback to expect from us & how often it will be provided. We also allow students to provide feedback about the course itself.
- Respect diversity: Talents and ways of learning : Different students bring different talents and styles to college. Students need opportunities to show their talents and learn in ways that work for them. Orion sticks to a design of course but vary the types of exercises and assignments based on students talent.